Lyndon spoke about Connecting to Others to God – Living a life of Influence.
We are told to go into the world and preach the gospel. It’s about going into your world. Both Jesus and Paul had a small area to preach the word. They did not travel overseas and out of the area, but in the small part of the world where they were at.
Imagine getting to heaven and someone comes up to you, shakes your hand and told you it was you that made a difference in their life – the reason they were there.
John 15:9 -17 talks of being friends of Jesus and loving each other. Because we are friends of Jesus we are called to bear fruit. Friends of Jesus do the will of God.
Luke 5:29 & 30, 7:34, 15:1 & 2
Jesus is seen eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners. Jesus went where the sinners were because He was fond of them.
Roms 5:8 While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus is fond of us and who we know too.
- Surround yourself with solid teaching (Podcasts, Radio/TV preachers). Something gets into the spirit when you listen to solid preaching.
- Sometimes things happen different to the way we think it should. Don’t get disappointed.
- Spend time with people. God’s influence on your life will influence those around you.
- Position yourself well, people will come to you.
- Sometimes you don’t see the result of your influence. Trust God with it.
- Talk about God & church. Speak about what is happening around you. It’s exciting. It’s safe to invite people here. Trust the church.
- Know people 1 by 1. Once you know them, then you can address a crowd. Jesus ministered to the crowd, but also the individual (He had his small group, He ministered to those individuals that needed healing too.)
We don’t realise how much influence we do have.
1 Cor 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. There has to be planting before growth. We (you and me) can plant and water. God will bring the increase.
What we have is powerful. Our words are powerful.
Live a life of influence. Be who God wants you to be.