This week Ps Andre spoke the second part in the series Amongst Giants.
Giants of Faith – Nehemiah and the wall.
Gal 5:1 – It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Giants are massive issues, they are freedom issues. Are there giants in a neighbouring land? What can you step up to the plate for?
Opposition is opportunities for God.
We are to repent to God, return to Him and He will restore us.
Nehemiah knew of a problem ( the wall was in disrepair) and he responded. First with prayer.
“O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands….” Nehemiah 1:5 Nehemiah acknowledges God. Praying is NOT about SELF but GOD. Nehemiah then reminded God of His promises…
- We will never be alone. (Isaiah 41:10)
- He will help us get through whatever we are facing. (Isaiah 43:2)
- He will provide for our needs. (Matt 6:33) There is freedom in your finances if you give to Him first. Malachi 3:10 we are told to test Him in it.
- God will forgive us of all our sins. (1 John 1:9)
These are all promises of God. When we pray we need to go back to these. He will do as He says He will. They will not change no matter if you have it together or not.
Nehemiah was also brave, resourced and a leader. We are ALL called to leadership.
Nehemiah faced opposition. But this did not stop him. He knew where his calling came from.
Ps 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold in my life – of whom shall I be afraid?
John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
When we are in Gods will you will find a way. When we are abiding in Gods will we are often provisioned by his FAVOUR.
We all have walls in our lives, and too many of us have holes in our walls. We let words affect us more than we should.
If God gives you a vision, a calling. Don’t just wait for God to provide the way, pray and then step out. Walk the talk, it’s more than prayer. Nehemiah not only prayed, he did something, he committed his life to the cause.
God is building something here. We want to see people build with us.
If you identify with someone in Nehemiah – who are you?
- Nehemiah – Designer, doer, prayer & team leader
- Priest & leaders – build and be part of multiple departments
- Loyal workers – compassionate and sold for the vision
- Guards – trowel in one hand and a spike in the other
- King Artaxerxes – Provider
- Sanballat, Tobiah, Geshem – Opposition
Great work starts in prayer, it’s time to rebuild our walls.