This week Ps Andre spoke about Amongst Giants.
A giant is either a massive issue in our lives or they can be something in the darkness that we are unaware of and a giant causes a blockage.
We, ourselves, need to become giants of faith and love, walking amongst our community. But to do so, we have got to be truly free.
Galatians 5:1 says, It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
How do you know you have a giant in your life?
- It seems impossible
- It produces fear
- The thought of it intimidates you
- You loose heart in its presence
- You have emotional instability and insecurity
- Its repetitive – won’t leave you alone
When the Israelites were facing the Philistines in 1 Samuel 17:16 it says, For forty days the Philistine came forward every morning and evening and took his stand. He was intimidating the Israelites. Giants use intimidation and fear! But in reality it’s smoke and mirrors. The enemy uses intimidation and fear and it will stop us in our walk with God.
What do we know about David?
- David knew the truth of his God – without a care for the circumstances
- David focused on the issue not the giant
- David ignored Saul’s knowledgeable comments – Knowledge and wisdom are not the same thing!
- David didn’t bother protecting himself. God has us where we are for a this time and purpose.
- David used what he knew and what he had. Don’t wait for the best tool.
- David fought one on one, but the fight was much bigger than him. Sometimes we fight a giant for a bigger cause.
- David won big, because he first won small. Little victories build faith – so invite God into the problem.
- David took what was meant to destroy him and used it for God’s purpose.
Giants weigh you down. Be it addiction, guilt, fear, depression, anger, rejection, abuse or suicide.
When you bring down the dark giants in your life, you start to grow in faith, until you yourself are a giant of light, love and influence.
Speak words of life. Become giants of faith.
2 Corinthians 3:17 says Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Stand firm, and invite the Holy Spirit in. Where there is opposition, there are God opportunities.
Got a problem in your life? Start calling it Goliath… because we know how the story ends.